Make the Right Choice when Choosing Swimming Lessons
Why are we the best swim school in Los Angeles? What sets us apart from other swim schools?
1. We are swimming experts. Every One with the Water® coach has 10,000 plus hours of experience teaching swimming lessons and competing.
2. We are professional athletes. Our hobbies include racing in open-water, triathlons and competing as a US Masters Swimming team.
3. We are a non-profit Swim School and we are pleased to offer scholarships to qualified individuals. We are committed to providing swimming lessons to children and adults regardless of ability or income.
We believe that swimming is a life skill that all children and adults should learn. By learning how to swim, we increase our understanding of the world around us. Swimming also equips us with skills that help us live better and might potentially save our life at some point. Learning to swim teaches us ways to cope with the challenges that come our way in life. The approach used by One with the Water provides success at any age. We empower you, building your confidence and awareness of the water, teaching you to swim as quickly as possible.
How do we teach kids and adults to learn to swim in less than 4 hours?
1. We are swimming experts. We teach the best and most efficient approach to the most basic skills of swimming: Breathing, Balance, Kicking, and Pulling. We break it down to simple achievable goals to help everyone succeed.
2. We get to know you as a person – your fears and your strengths. Instead of wasting time on building your weaknesses, we work with your strengths to achieve your goals quickly.
3. We make you feel comfortable and secure. We are certified and accredited coaches with over 10,000 hours of experience. You are safe with us.
We realize that when it comes to swimming lessons for you and your kids, you have a choice.
Our individualized semi-private instruction is perfect for everyone from total beginners to kids who already know how to swim and want to join a competitive swim team. We even teach kids who already have years of competition experience and want to learn to swim faster. Some parents and kids may be looking for a large swim team because of its social environment, but we believe that kids benefit a lot more from a more personalized program for at least the first few months, in order to build a foundation for a more satisfying, healthy relationship with swimming and competitive swimming.
Many children have a slight tendency toward distraction – we call it “abundant curiosity” – so we mix up the activities to keep your child engaged and prevent boredom. Most children are genuinely eager to try new things and respond well to our coaches’ positive feedback.
All kids process information differently (some learn verbally, others visually, others physically, etc). Larger swim teams are more one-size-fits-all in their instruction style, and it’s much easier for kids to lose focus or feel like they’re just going through the motions in a crowded, wavy environment. We are able to quickly suggest and demonstrate technique fixes that most likely will go unnoticed on a larger team. With our expertise in teaching your child to swim, they will integrate instructions really well.
We mix in dry-land exercises that are great for strength, balance, spatial orientation and anatomical awareness. We are firm believers in the importance of this sort of “cross-training” for swimmers, and it’s not something most teams do until much later in life (and then it’s mostly focused on strength). Having a mix of dry-land and pool-based activity actually gives kids a better framework for understanding verbal swimming instructions. It also makes it easier to correct the “bad habits” and postural imbalances that often develop in swimmers.
We appreciate that you choose One with the Water® for swimming lessons for kids and we understand there may be other factors in your decision. We enjoy working with children and would love to be involved with launching your child’s swimming career. Contact us today to find out about our latest specials and programs.