Learn to teach our swimming method, attend our seminar, and build your own coaching practice!
The Swim Coach Seminar is designed to allow you the opportunity to learn how to swim and how to coach using our method. The four competitive strokes, plus proper kicking, are covered in the program, as well as conditioning athletes and younger athletes. The seminar covers an in-depth exploration of the theoretical basis of the OWTW system, as well as thorough practical sessions for each stroke which provides for the evaluation of each participant on the basis of both swimming and coaching. The OWTW Swimming method has been developed into a logical and effective method that forms the best possible foundation for any swimming and conditioning program.
Attendance at the complete seminar will provide you with a Swim Coach Certificate of Attendance to those who attend and fully participate in every session. Experienced coaches that wish to be candidates for the One with the Water Swim Coach credential can elect to be evaluated at a higher level of scrutiny. These coaches should come prepared with a background in swimming and coaching, a working knowledge of child development, muscular and skeletal anatomy, an excellent familiarity with the foundation and physics of swimming, and an ability to communicate effectively. They will be expected to conclusively demonstrate their ability to function as coaches using the One with the Water method.
Qualifications include, but are not limited to:
- 6 to 12 months of Soul Blazing Life Coaching
- 3 years of experience teaching swimming lessons, including to special needs
- Swim 500 meters averaging a minimum of 1:30 per 100
- Swim 100 meters under 1:20, or be a former collegiate swimmer or high school swimmer
- American Red Cross CPR and Lifeguard Certification
- Attend the One with the Water Coaching Seminar
- Currently Practice USMS or other approved U.S. Swimming Program
- Complete a written exam
- Starting Strength: Basic Barbell Training, 3rd edition, by Mark Rippetoe
- The Talent Code: Greatness Isn’t Born. It’s Grown. Here’s How., by Daniel Coyle
- How to Talk so Little Kids Will Listen: A Survival Guide to Life with Children Ages 2-7, by Joanna Faber, Julie King
- How to Talk So Kids Will Listen & Listen So Kids Will Talk, & How to Talk So Teens Will Listen and Listen So Teens Will Talk, by Adele Faber and Elaine Mazlish
- Mindset: The New Psychology of Success, by Carol S. Dweck
After attending and receiving your One with the Water Coaching Credential, you may practice as a One with the Water Certified Swim Coach with our Licensing Agreement. For more details, please email us. The certification program runs October through Feb. Costs may vary depending on your experience and required education. Cost for the Seminar is $800. An additional $200 is required if you elect to be evaluated for the Swim Coach Certification.